CSS Cascade Menu Css3Menu.com

What's New?

Recent Posts Widget | Webaholic

Psalm 63

Aren't you glad that God is alive? Aren't you glad that He still speaks? God is more real than this keyboard or screen. He has and is consuming every part of my heart.  In January 2011, the Lord spoke to me His purposes. He said He would mold my heart into Psalm 63. This blog is a reflection of that journey. He had and has so much more in store for me than I could have ever imagined. 

I affectionately think of it as my "tunnel season". Not that I hide away from the world or seek isolation, it happens in the midst of community, loving and serving; but the deepest places of my heart and mind are tucked away in a tunnel with my God. In a vision, He brought me to a place underground. The entrance closed up behind me with no exit in sight. His presence was my only light. When it was time to walk, He extended the tunnel. When it was time to rest, He gave me a bed. When it was time to eat, He lay the food before me. There was no one else. No one else to look at, to follow, to need...not even myself. All I had to do was follow, imitate, gaze at my God. Utter dependence. Utter helplessness. Utter trust. And utter freedom. Eight years after I entered this tunnel, I emerged. I entered running and fearful, I exited full of grace and the Spirit. The end was beautiful. I was unrecognizable, a witness protection program success story.  

No one wants to be hungry. We want to satisfy our bodily appetites. How much more do I want to satisfy the longings in my soul. The desperation I feel for the One who made me. How can we long for someone we already have? I am already His, He is already my identity. But when I hunger, when I thirst for more of Him I let go of more and more of my heart. "He wants it all". And is He ever so patient and full of love! As I love deeper and deeper and seek to know and experience what is already true, I am transformed. I allow Him to do what only He can do. 

I will share life and include topics such as the tabs you see above. I hope as I walk through this journey and all the other journeys He has planned for me, that you will find even a morsel of encouragement. Anything that would cause you to run to the arms of the God who is already running after you. Let Him love you. His Love is better than Life!  

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.  Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. 
(Psalm 63:1-8)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You make like:


up