CSS Cascade Menu Css3Menu.com

What's New?

Recent Posts Widget | Webaholic

Mother Daughter



I am so thankful for my sweet little 4 year old daughter. Of course we have our challenges..good days and bad days... but my heart's desire is to deeply cultivate that relationship. It seemed much easier when she was my only child. Now with two brothers close behind, my time and energy is divided. So I have found that I must be purposeful or the day flies by all too quickly without a chance for "just us girls". I was searching the internet one day for a special book that just the two of us could share and I stumbled upon this:

Just Mom and Me Having Tea: A Fun Bible Study for Mothers and Daughters

While I find the book to have some great ideas, I use it mostly as a starting point and catalyst. Every evening that my husband works, Nora and I spend time doing our special reading or activity together. After an allotted amount of activities, there is a tea party. Each tea party has a different theme, location, and activities. Just at the mention of the word tea party, Nora's face lights up. She knows it's just "Mommy and me" time. It's time for us to have fun together, do "girly things", but also to open our hearts up to each other, discuss important things, and connect on a deeper level. 

Right now, with only one daughter, this is very doable for me. I realize if I have more or some reading this with 3 or more daughters may find this to be a challenge. I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it. But I like this idea so much, I plan to continue our tea parties indefinitely. Just tonight, Nora asked me what will happen to our tea parties when we finish the book. I could tell she was a bit worried. I told her that we will just have to make up our own! I plan to use these special times to teach her about pursuing God, relationships, other milestones and eventually becoming a woman, preparing for college,  marriage, motherhood and much more! Our little Good Will tea set will then eventually be passed on to her when she has her first daughter. 

The sky is the limit. Our tea parties are not always "proper" or perfectly decorated, but they fit our personalities and are full of love!  I know we will cherish all these memories. I thought I would share this little idea from my heart to yours. 

Our First Tea Party

We prepared by making cookies together : ) 



 We set our table earlier in the day.


Here is our simple, affordable tea set from Good Will that we picked out together. 





Sorry for the quality of this picture. We had our tea party at night with Daddy as our waiter. 


 We wrote letters to each other.


 We played "Fancy Nancy".


 We played "Guess Who?"






Our Second Tea Party: Garden Party



We had our second tea party outside by our pond.


We made flower pencils.

We decorated hats.

 
We designed and decorated our placements. 

Daddy did wheel barrow rides for post garden party entertainment. ; )  I know that the tea parties have made an impact on Nora as she asks about the next one almost every day. She reminds me each night Daddy works that it's time to do our book together. We love to snuggle up read, talk, and pray. I hope you will find a chance to do the same with your sweet little girl!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You make like:


up