CSS Cascade Menu Css3Menu.com

What's New?

Recent Posts Widget | Webaholic

Trade Your Carpet for Tile

As I was doing a much needed sweep of our master bathroom today, my mind wandered to dirty floors. In our old we house had a lot of tile. Most of the house was covered in a light beige tile. On the plus side, the dirt can't hide. The con side is that the dirt can't hide... and I had to clean it all the time! After our recent move, we are now living in a home covered with carpet. We still have the same four hairy pets and the same three not-so-tidy children, but I don't seem to vacuum as often as I swept and mopped our old house's floor. I just don't "see" the dirt so it doesn't cross my mind to remove it.


I thought about sin being my dirt. There are many ways to approach sin, but my tile and carpet thoughts led to an observation in my own life. Cleaning isn't always fun. Repentance and removing sin isn't always fun. But whether it gets cleaned or not cleaned will not change it's presence or effects. If I choose to look the other way, it doesn't cease to exist. It's still there. Killing me. Trying to get between me and the God that I love. But when I look into the mirror of God's Word, when I purposely put myself in the fire of God's presence, my sin is revealed. When I choose to do this, I'm changing my heart from carpet to tile. Then I can begin to let Him remove the filth that becomes so obvious. It's not to shame me. Not to heap on the guilt. But to give me the opportunity to be clean...to be free. A freedom for which the price was already paid. Oh, how He loves us too much to let sin rob us of living eternally today.

Will you trade your carpet for tile?

Thoughts from my heart to yours,

Liza

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You make like:


up